1. The Lightkurve API¶
The first set of tutorials cover the basics of using Lightkurve. This includes getting to grips with the file types and how to load and work with data from the Kepler, K2, and TESS missions. For a complete listing of all classes and methods, please consult the API docs.
2. Creating and correcting light curves¶
The second section focuses on the various ways in which light curves can be extracted from the pixel data, and on the removal of instrument noise (“systematics”) from those light curves.
2.1. Creating light curves¶
- How to perform aperture photometry with custom apertures?
- How to perform PRF photometry?
- How to cut out Target Pixel Files from Kepler Superstamps or TESS FFIs?
- How to save a LightCurve in FITS format?
- How to combine lightcurves from different Kepler quarters?
- How to use
lightkurve’s river plot function
2.2. Identifying instrument noise¶
3. Science examples¶
In the final section we cover some data analysis tasks that astronomers might commonly want to do with time series data.